Here you will find links to information about some of the most relevant programmes and sources of R&D funding for the subsea industry. Other programmes and subsidy schemes might also be relevant.
Key funding schemes through Innovation Norway – applications are accepted continuously:
Innovation Norway also provide market and mentoring services:
- SkatteFUNN (tax deductions on R&D projects)
All companies are entitled to SkatteFUNN as long as your company meets the requirements. This is the easiest support scheme of all.
The Research Council of Norway have several thematic programmes. PETROMAKS 2 and DEMO 2000 are targeting development and piloting of new petroleum technology. There are also many other programmes which are relavent for the subsea industry.
Selected programmes from The Research Council of Norway:
- Large-scale Programme for Petroleum Research (PETROMAKS2)
- DEMO 2000
- Maritime Activities and Offshore Operations (MAROFF)
- User-Driven Research Based Innovation (BIA)
- Large-scape programme for energy research (ENERGIX)
- The Norwegian RD&D CCS Programme (CLIMIT)
- Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials (NANO2012)
- Norwegian Environmental Research Towards 2015 (MILJO2015)
- Maximum Value Creation in the Natural Gas Chain (GASSMAKS)
- The Oceans and Coastal Areas (HAVKYST)
- The Industrial Ph.D. Scheme (NAERINGSPHD)
On the programme pages you will find further information about the programme including contact information and any active announcements.
- Regional Research Fund – Western Norway
- Funding for restructuring of the petroleum industry (Select: Handlingsprogram for næringsutvikling i Hordaland- HNH)
Horizon 2020 is the world’s largest research collaboration with a budget of 75 billion Euro over seven years. The programme supports both R&D, innovation and demonstration projects.