Subsea Norway Press Tour
We encourage our partners and members to take advantage of the 2014 Subsea Norway Press Tour, scheduled for May 20.-23.
Photo taken at Naxys
About 15 top oil & gas journalists and editors have been invited to tour Norway’s subsea industry, with visits to both the Subsea Valley and NCE Subsea clusters.
- Monday 19 May – kick off in Oslo with DNV-GL, NCE Subsea and Subsea Valley. Introduction to the Norwegian subsea industry. Company visits in the afternoon.
- Tuesday 20 May – visit to Ågotnes and presentations of the NCE Subsea Cluster, CCB and OneSubsea
- Wednesday 21 May and Thursday 22 May – visits in Drammen, Kongsberg and Horten
While a slow-down in capital spending on upstream projects has been cause for some concern in the offshore industry, growth projections for the subsea segment remain positive. Yet rising costs, lack of qualified engineers, and regulatory uncertainty remain a challenge.
For journalists, the press tour represents an opportunity to get a first-hand look at a dynamic industry – establishing contact with those on the front-line of the subsea engineering segment and learning more about the market forces likely to have an impact on the subsea clusters in the years to come.
For participating companies, there are a variety of compelling benefits to get on-board;
- The press tour is an unique opportunity to build relationships with a handpicked group of professional and highly knowledgeable members of the press, from right across the globe. They will meet the people that are the mouthpiece of the subsea segment, in ‘their own backyard’.
- It is a chance to inform the international oil & gas media about the company’s latest projects, developments and latest technological advances.
- It provides an opportunity to be seen as an important player in the global marketplace; to position themselves as experts in their field of operations, feeding the press with relevant sector insight and the company’s response to wider industry trends.
- Build their international profile and the subsea profile of Norway.
- Concentrated exposure: Because editors from different publications are expected to participate, many of their stories about the company will appear at roughly the same time, creating a wave of good publicity.
Several international publications have committed themselves to the 2014 Subsea Norway Press Tour.
BlueC have leveraged their extensive press contacts to attract the industry’s leading journalists and editors representing such leading publications as Upstream, Offshore Engineer, Hart Energy E&P, ArcWire, EnergyWire, Rigzone, Petroleum Economist, Offshore Industry, Ship & Offshore Repair Journal/Offshore Technology, among others.
The 2014 Subsea Norway Press Tour is organized by BlueC, in collaboration with DNV-GL, NCE Subsea and Subsea Valley.
The participating companies, in conjunction with Blue-C and DNV-GL, contribute towards covering the essential expenses to enable the press tour to take place (namely, hotel accommodation for the entire group, coach with driver throughout the programme, dinners, social gatherings, rental of seminar locations, plus the cost of organizing the entire programme and onsite management).
NOTE: The journalists however cover their own flights to maintain professional objectivity.
Blue C Partner & Press Relations Manager
Christina Dupré Roos
Phone +47 936 34 449
Branding Manager NCE Subsea
Phone: +47 916 31 450